Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Watch me do my best athlete impersonation

On your mark...


Get set...




Good work. Do it again.


Other stories:

First time 5K runners
I did a long Sunday piece on the Proactive 5K, which I participated in. The first part of the assignment was the column (I linked to it earlier in this post). The second part was profiling three of the 142 first-time 5K finishers. Five-thousand meters is no easy feat, so I tip my cap to those brave souls willing to go the distance.

Kentucky Coffeetree Cafe
A story about one of the more vibrant and intriguing businesses in downtown Frankfort. There are always people hanging out at this coffee shop and that’s because of the commendable mission of the shop’s owner to revitalize the downtown area. She’s definitely thinking outside of the box – and it’s good business.

A tribute to Teddy
This story was a new experience for me. The family came to the newspaper though, so that made it a little easier to write.

Bad tomatoes
So in case you have been living under a salmonella-infested rock, these was a nationwide tomato scare awhile back. It didn't seem to deter the local Mexican establishments.

Free fishing day
What do fish and online predators have in common? I dunno, but they are both in this story.

No comments: